What is the purpose of this document?
Success Recruit Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If applies to all people that engage with our services and provide us with personal information.
Success Recruit Ltd is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to people that provide personal information to Success Recruit Ltd, for marketing purposes or for seeking employment. It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Data protection principles:
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are "special categories" of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
Any information collected about you will be with your prior consent and will only be collected for your benefit.
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Date of birth
- Marital status and dependents
- Next of kin and emergency contact information
- National insurance number
- Bank account details, payroll records and tax status information
- Salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information
- Employment dates
- Location of employment or workplace
- Copy of driving license and / or passport
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process)
- Employment records (including job titles, work history, working hours, training records and professional memberships)
- Compensation history
- Disciplinary and grievance information
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your health, including and medical condition, health and sickness records
- Information about criminal convictions and offences
How is your personal information collected?
We typically collect personal information about job seekers, employees and workers through the application and recruitment process, either directly from candidates or from previous employers.
We will collect additional personal information in the course of job-related activities throughout any period where you are employed by Success Recruit Ltd.
When your personal information is being used as part of your subscription to our recruitment related educational content and marketing purposes we will collect your information at the point of subscription; either directly from our website or from social media sites such as Facebook or Linkedin.
How we will use information about you
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we have entered into with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override our interests
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests
- Where it is needed for public interests
Situations in which we will use your personal information
When information is requested or provided it will be because we need it to perform our services and contract with you and to enable us to comply with legal obligations.
Specific situations where we may use your personal information include:
- Sending you information or content that is of specific interest to you
- Making a decision about recommending you to prospective employers
- Making a decision about your recruitment or appointment
- Determining the terms on which you work for us (in situations where Success Recruit becomes your employer)
- Checking you are legally entitled to work in the UK
- Paying you are, if you are an employee, deducting tax and National Insurance contributions
- Liaising with your workplace pension scheme provider
- Administering the contract, we have entered into with you
- Making arrangements for the termination of our working relationship
- Managing sickness absence
- Complying with health and safety obligations
- Equal opportunities monitoring
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it.
If we wish to use your information for a different purpose we will contact you to gain your explicit consent.
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
"Special categories" of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. We may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to carry out our legal obligations and in line with our data protection policy or our employment checks
- Where it is needed to assess your working capacity on health grounds, subject to appropriate confidentiality safeguards
Our obligations as an employer
In instances when you become an employee of Success Recruit Ltd (this will only occur if you enter a temporary contract) we will use your particularly sensitive information in the following ways:
- We will use information relating to leaves of absence, which may include sickness absence or family leaves, to comply with employment and other laws.
- We will use information about your physical or mental health, or disability status, to ensure your health and safety in the workplace and to assess your fitness to work, to provide appropriate workplace adjustments, to monitor and manage sickness absence and to administer benefits.
Do we need you consent?
We do not need your consent if we use special categories of your personal information in accordance with our written policy to carry out our legal obligations or exercise specific rights in the field of employment law.
Information about criminal convictions
We may only use information relating to criminal convictions where the law allows us to do so. This will usually be where such processing is necessary to carry out our obligations and provided we do so in line with our internal recruitment policies.
We will request information about criminal convictions and will hold that information when it is appropriate for us to do so given the nature of the conviction and the job vacancy you are applying for or holding.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the group.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We may transfer your personal information outside the EU.
If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
Why might we share personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
Third parties include third-party service providers and other entities within our own group. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: payroll, pension administration, administration and IT services.
The following providers process personal information on our behalf for the following reasons:
Trisys: database provider that stores personal information securely.
Taylor & Davis: accountancy firm that processes our payroll.
IT Authority: provides IT services, data may be processed in form of email addresses.
Active Campaign: email automation software provider, they process the name and email address (only) of people that subscribe to our updates and newsletters.
Adobe: we send out electronic forms through this service, data will be sent via Adobe but will not be held with them.
Handelsbanken: our banking provider. Names and bank account details of people employed via Success Recruit will be held with Handelsbanken during the contracted period.
Canva: a design tool that we use to produce interview preparation documents. Basic information about a candidate, including their CV will be entered onto Canva but not stored.
How secure is my information with third-party service providers and other entities in our group?
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
When might you share my personal information with other entities in the group?
We will share your personal information with other entities in our group as part of our regular activities.
Your personal information will never be shared by third parties and the only uses will be those that allow us to carry out the services that you have agreed to.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Details of these measures are available upon request.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available from us at your request.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, sensitivity of the personal date, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. Once you are no longer an employee, worker or contractor of the company we will retain and securely destroy information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information please put your request to us in writing.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for any specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the specific processing at any time.
To withdraw your consent please contact us in writing. Once we have received your request your information will no longer be processed.
Data protection officer
We have appointed a data protection officer to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the data protection officer.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.